Maintenance To Do

Items that need to be done

Oil Change
Front Brake Pads swapped


Sunday, February 14, 2010

Brake Fluid Flush

51,647 miles

Today, cold in the garage, but time to do the annual brake fluid flush.  The fluid looks a little dark on the front master cylinder.

I bought a Mighty Vac, so bleeding the brakes is much easier now.

Rear
I first did the rear brake, then proceeded to do the front left brake.  The right brake has a grub screw on it, so bleeding this requires a new part I do not have yet.

The outer rear brake pad on the front side measured below 1.5mm of pad left, it is time to get new pads for the rear.

After looking through the forums, people swear that EBC FA18HH brake pads made in the USA are better than the OEM BMW pads.  They are easy to find online, BeemerBoneYard also sells brake pads.

From 2000 BMW R1100RS


Front
I did not pull of the calipers and pads on this yet, I will do this next weekend when my hands do not freeze up, it sure is cold these days, looking forward to warmer weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment