Maintenance To Do

Items that need to be done

Oil Change
Front Brake Pads swapped


Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Carb Sync

I received my used "TwinMax" in the mail yesterday.  The BMW mechanic sold me a TecMate CarbMate electronic carb synchronizer which is the same as the MotionPro Twinmax.  I warmed up the bike for a 10 mile ride, then came back to sync idle.  Cylmers says it should be between 1050-1150 rpm's.  Mine was running a bit high, probably 1100-1200.



I zero-ed out the tool at the lowest setting, then hooked it up to the vacuum ports on the throttle bodies.  I then turned the sensitivity up to 2.  I turned the BIG BRASS CREWS in all the way then backed each out to 1 1/4 turns.  I proceeded to set the idle at 1050 and sync the idle at the highest sensitivity setting on the CarbMate which is 0,5 of Mercury resolution, slowly turned the right screw until a Happy Face green LED showed solid bright light.

After idle I slowly turned the throttle and the green light never wandered at higher rpm's so I left the throttle cables alone, and took a test drive.  I noticed the vibration in the mirrors was less and the idle felt less rough.

I like this tool, look forward to trying it out on the Airhead.

No comments:

Post a Comment