Maintenance To Do

Items that need to be done

Oil Change
Front Brake Pads swapped


Friday, March 12, 2010

New Battery

I just purchased a WestCo Battery from BeemerBoneYard on sale for $89.95.  This battery is highly recommended right behind the Odyssey PC680, which costs around $130.

This battery slides in without any fuss, and uses standard chargers, so I'm good to go.

I decided to put a label on the side facing the tupperware, in case I forget when I replaced it, I wish the previous owner had done this when the previous battery was replaced.  I did not know the age of the BMW Exide battery that was in the bike, but I was getting many ABS faults, which is a tell tale sign of a weak battery.

I proceeded to remove the snorkel air intake tube, disconnected old battery, and slide out and put new one in, took about 10 mins, easy as pie.

Here is the finished product, all buttoned up and labeled, the battery strap was a bit loose, since the new battery is not as tall, I put a sponge in there to fill the area.



No comments:

Post a Comment