Maintenance To Do

Items that need to be done

Oil Change
Front Brake Pads swapped


Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Battery Charger

Well, my first real experience with a "leap through technology" beemer. While trying to put my battery charger on, I soon discovered, not only is the battery tough to get to, but it a newer no maintenance free gel type battery, which is great,


but my standard Schumacher SEM-1562A battery charger will not charge the gel types.




So with a little research from the BMW MOA and talking to Ron, I quickly figured out that there is a Deltran Battery Charger made for BMW under the Battery Tender line or the Battery Doc charger will work with lead acid and gel type. The Battery Doc comes with the accessory plug included, so I bought one from Fly N Cycle for $37.00.

Battery Doc

BMW Owner News in Jan 2002 endorsed this product.

http://www.batterydoc.com/pressh.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment