Maintenance To Do

Items that need to be done

Oil Change
Front Brake Pads swapped


Sunday, December 28, 2008

Ride Report


Today was a brisk, 40 degree morning here in Texas, sunny, slight breeze, no clouds. It was a great day to go out and stretch the legs of my new beemer. I decided not to do any specific route, but go where the tires take me. I circled a bit around Pilot Point, then made my way back to Prosper via Celina.

I have noticed for a while now, that there seems to be only two types of people on the road on Sunday mornings, church goers, and motorcyclists. The roads are not full of crazy commuters and it is usually to early for people to be clogging the roads trying to get to Home Depot or Target.

I stopped by the roadside to take a picture of the silver bullet. I have not taken any photos of it yet since purchasing. This was done with my cell phone, so the quality does not do the bike justice.

I did notice that 2nd and 3rd gear rev very high and surge a bit, and the forums I'm reading suggest that the motronic (http://www.ibmwr.org/r-tech/oilheads/R11-motronic)or throttle bodies over time need adjusting to get the fuel injection just right. A fuel injection cleaner like Chevron Techron Fuel System Cleaner, might help the problem, and can not hurt at this point.

Chevron Techron Fuel System Cleaner
http://www.amazon.com/Chevron-Techron-Fuel-System-Cleaner/dp/B00092893E





1 comment:

  1. Today while I was browsing on the Internet I came across this site Power Enhancer which deals with various lubricants of BG, Millers, Johnson’s, etc that can be used for your automobile. These helps in increasing the performance of your automobile and also improves the mileage. Some of the products – lubricants are used to clean the fuel injectors of diesel and petrol engines.

    ReplyDelete